Tuesday, January 11, 2011

01-11-11! The only way my hubby will eat cucumber.

My husband does not like cucumber - at all. He never eats it, picks around it on salads and tries his best to avoid it at all costs. Until this past New Years Eve. We were at his brother's house and there were these adorable, super tasty little cucumber sandwiches there. So I tried one. Then HE tried one! What?!?! Then he went back for another, and another.  He had no less than 3 that night. I've asked for the recipe from my Puerto Rican sister-in-law (which she has to get from her mom) but I just couldn't wait that long. I've been thinking about those little sammies ever since that night. AND, to top it off - my hubby said if I made them again I just might get him to like cucumber. Sounds like a challenge, right?! So here's what I came up with. I also found that they really aren't too bad on the points (Weight Watchers) since they use the whipped cream cheese. Will be anxious to see the actual recipe and compare.




Cucumber Sandwiches

1 (8 oz) tub of whipped cream cheese (I used Weight Watchers brand)
1 pkt dry Italian salad dressing mix

English cucumber, thinly sliced
Bread - I used Sara Lee Delightful Whole Wheat

Thoroughly mix together cream cheese and salad dressing pkt (dry). Remove crusts from bread. Cut into 4 squares. Spread about 1/2 teaspoon of cream cheese spread on bread and top with sliced cucumber.

I guess it could use a little garnish on top, but I was hungry and didn't have anything handy to use for a garnish.

1 comment:

  1. These look good to me! My daughter and I like cucumbers, my husband is like yours. I once made some tabouleh and add a little bit of cucumbers chopped very fine (I'm talking tiny bit)he didn't like it because of the cukes! He picks them out of his salads too. I will have to try these!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...