Friday, February 11, 2011

Perfectly Cooked Chicken

 How do we find these things anyway, through a blog of a friend, of a friend, of a friend...you know. So, I can't really tell you how or why I found someones blog with a link to the kitchn blog where I found this terrific information on making perfectly moist cooked chicken! Like they say in the instructions, you have to trust without peeking that the chicken will come out perfectly - and it did! I'm so impressed. I've never gotten chicken exactly right (usually for overcooking "just to be safe") until this time.

Before I started cooking the chicken I caramelized some onions in the oven. Once the onions were done I prepped the chicken and put some asparagus in the toaster oven to roast away while the chicken basically cooked itself. During the last 10 minutes (still no peeking!) of the chicken cooking, I started sauteing some sliced mushrooms in a separate pan, added a little flour then added chicken stock and Parisien Bonnes Herbs (which thanks to Lyndsey's recommendation I had in the pantry from our last trip out of AK when we stopped at Penzey's Spices). Once the sauce thickened I added in the already cooked caramelized onions.

The picture didn't turn out that great - but the food was fantastic and the chicken was perfectly cooked through and moist! Try it, you'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...