Here is the Gingerbread Biscotti recipe. It is a winner for sure!
Gingerbread Biscotti – original recipe from allrecipes.com but I made some changes
6 Tbsp cold butter
1 cup white sugar
1/4 cup molasses
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour 1 tablespoon baking powder
**1 1/2 tablespoons ground ginger
**3/4 tablespoon ground cinnamon
**1/2 tablespoon ground cloves
**1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Instead of this mix of spices I used 3 ½ tsp Pampered Chef Cinnamon Plus spice blend
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a cookie sheet.
2. Combine dry ingredients (flours, spices, sugar, baking powder) in large mixing bowl. Whisk dry ingredients together. Cut in cold butter.
In a small bowl, mix together eggs, vanilla, and molasses. mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients to form a stiff dough.
3. Divide dough in half (or thirds for smaller cookies), and shape each half into a roll the length of the cookie sheet. Place rolls on cookie sheet, and pat down to flatten the dough to 1/2 inch thickness.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven, and set aside to cool.
5. When cool enough to touch (about 10 minutes), cut into 1/2 inch thick diagonal slices. Place sliced biscotti on cookie sheet, and bake an additional 5 to 7 minutes on each side, or until toasted and crispy. (if you’re baking on a Pampered Chef stone stand up slices and bake about 6 minutes) Remove from stone and cool completelty.
Once completely cooled drizzle w/melted chocolate & assorted sprinkles.
NI: 70 cal, 2 fat, 1 fiber
Make Mother's Day Pretzel Treats
2 hours ago