Sunday, July 11, 2010

Baked Donut Balls

A week or two ago I came across a recipe on the Weight Watchers message boards for Baked Donut Balls. They sounded interesting and I happened to have everything I needed to make them.

Pretty simple ingredients. I thought I would help myself by using mini cupcake papers in the mini muffin pan, but that wasn't the best idea. While the donut balls did taste good, I think they would have looked better had I followed the directions and sprayed the pan with cooking spray.






They were hard to remove from the cupcake papers, but they came out light and airy and were delicious! I will be making them again - soon!









I had a little more batter than would fit in my mini muffin pan so I made about 5 little pancakes with the left over batter. Equally delish!







Baked Donut Balls
Adapted from WW community message boards

1 cup plus 2 Tbsp Bisquick reduced-fat baking mix
1/4 cup Splenda granular (sugar substitute)
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 egg (or equivalent in egg substitute)
2/3 cup skim milk
1 tsp vanilla extract

2 Tbsp Splenda granular (sugar substitute)
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

Directions
Preheat oven to 350° degrees. Spray a 12 hole mini muffin pan with butter flavored cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, combine baking mix, 1/4 cup Splenda and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Add egg, skim milk and vanilla extract. Mix well to combine. Drop by spoonfuls into prepared muffin pan. Bake for 14 to 16 minutes. Place muffin pan on a wire rack and cool for 10 minutes.

Remove balls from pan. In a ziploc plastic bag, combine sugar coating ingredients and place warm donut balls in 2 or 3 at a time and shake to coat.

3 comments:

  1. Interesting recipe! About ten days ago I ran into a recipe for Glazed Doughnut Muffins from MyBakingAddiction.com that was adapted from King Arthur Flour website. I wanted to try it only using mini muffin sized pan. So now I'm thinking they are gonna be holes. Oh yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! Judy thanks for pointing me to that website. I had not been there before. The glazed donut muffins look so yummy!! Yikes! I'll have to try those now too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love finding good baked recipes to replace fried! I think I hava a mini muffin tin...gotta dig it out!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...