Monday, July 12, 2010

Cream Cheese Squares

Mmmmm, these are one of my favorite things. I used to make these a lot for potlucks when I worked in a bank. A couple of weeks ago a former co-worker posted on my Facebook "susan...:) i was talking w a friend here today. (she reminds me of you, you both are cooking/baking gods) what was that cheesecake things you used to make that i absolutely loooovvvveeddd ♥." I think it's pretty funny, of all the things I made and took to share at work this simple recipe is what stood out to her. These little guys are great with coffee, great for breakfast, or anytime really.


Cream Cheese Squares
Adapted from Kraftrecipes.com
Yield: 48 triangles 


2 cans (8 oz. each) refrigerated crescent sheets (okay to sub crescent rolls), divided
2 pkg.  (8 oz. each) reduced fat cream cheese, softened
1 tsp. Vanilla
1   Egg, slightly beaten
3/4 cup Sugar, divided
2 Tbsp.  Ground cinnamon


Preheat oven to 350°F. Unroll 1 of the cans of crescent dough. Press onto bottom of greased 13x9-inch baking pan to form crust. If using crescent roll dough firmly pressing seams together to seal.

Beat cream cheese, vanilla, egg and 1/2 cup of the sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Spread onto crust.

Unroll remaining can of crescent dough onto large sheet of wax paper. Pat out dough to form 13x9-inch rectangle. Invert over cream cheese mixture to form top crust; discard wax paper.

Bake 30 to 35 min. or until golden brown. Combine remaining 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon in small bowl; sprinkle over squares before cutting.

Original recipe calls for cutting into squares. I prefer to cut these into 24 squares and then cut each row of squares diagonally into triangles. 

3 comments:

  1. Love it! I can see savory adaptations as well.
    You are a baking goddess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh now that is a good idea Judy! I had not thought of savory yet. Will have to think of some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice treat! I love those Kraft recipes!I like them cut like you did in triangles!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...