Thursday, August 12, 2010

Recipe Review: Baked Almond Parm Encrusted Chicken

I came across this recipe a couple of days ago while desperately searching for another one (no idea what the original search was for at this point, but I was doing some serious digging when I found this one). This recipe is originally by Amanda over at Lunchbox Limbo. It sounded so good to me and I had everything on hand, so this became my hubby's birthday dinner. I was going to sub pecans for the almonds, but he reminded me he doesn't like pecans. Good grief, who doesn't like pecans?! I used to sit at the kitchen table with my grandpa in Texas and clean the just collected pecans for what seemed like hours. So yummy, and when you're cleaning them you just HAVE to have one, or two, or . . . too many to count. Seriously, I love pecans and just tasting one takes me back there. But as I said, I did not use pecans in this recipe, but I might next time. Shhhh, don't tell.


Baked Almond Parmesan Encrusted Chicken
Adapted from: Lunchbox Limbo

1 1/2 cups almonds, chopped in food processor until fine
3/4 cup grated parmasean cheese
Panko
Italian Seasoning
1 egg, beaten
B.S. Chicken breast


Mix together chopped almonds, parm, panko & Italian seasoning. Pour part of almond parm mixture into a shallow dish. Put beaten egg in another shallow dish. Dip chicken in egg and then in almond mixture.  Keep the other almond mixture separate so you can use it again later (uncontaminated by the raw chicken). I keep mine in the freezer for later.


At this point you can bake in a preheated oven in a dish that has been sprayed with oil, or cook in a pan in a tsp. of olive oil (what I did).

My review: We both really liked this dish, and I'll definitely make it again. If I had been thinking I would have made a pan sauce once the chicken was cooked, but instead I made a simple gravy on the side and served it with steamed new potatoes from the local farmers market and some frozen green beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...