Monday, November 15, 2010

Honeymaid Fruit Salsa

 


I found this recipe about a year ago on the back of the graham cracker box. It's really easy to throw together and can be modified to add additional fruit or change some of them out. I've added diced kiwi & mango to the other fruits in the recipe. Next time will try pineapple.

HoneyMaid Fruit Salsa
Serves 8

1/4 cup chopped red apple
1/4 cup chopped seedless grapes
1/4 cup canned mandarin orange segments, drained & cut in half
1/4 cup chopped strawberries
2 Tbsp. apricot preserves (also good with peach Simply Fruit)
Graham Crackers or Graham sticks for dipping


Mix fruit and preserves until well blended. Place in small strainer over bowl (funny, I don't ever remember seeing that part of the instructions and I'm sure I've never drained my fruit). Refrigerate at least 30 minutes (I rarely do this when I first make it either).


NI per 1 Tbsp: 80 calories, 1g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 95mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate, <1g fiber, 9g sugars, 1g protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...