Monday, November 15, 2010

Menu Plan Monday #13

Starting up the Menu Plan a little early this week because I've found a couple of recipes I want to try and wanted to add them here so I wouldn't lose track of where there were. Well that, and to remind myself on the weekend when I'm making a grocery list to get the items I need for these too.

The first one is Spiced Persimmon & Pecan Muffins from Cooking Light. I've never tried persimmon, so this is my adventurous recipe for this week. I've got a few persimmon coming in my box from Full Circle Farm. They have a corresponding food blog that has great recipes for using the ingredients that come in one's box. I'm looking forward to trying this recipe & sampling persimmons!

The second is Cranberry Bars from Allrecipes. Last month when I was in Washington I picked up a couple of cranberry bars that had been made with fresh cranberries at a farmers market. It was so good! I thought it might be tasty so I bought 2, one to eat and one to freeze so I could try to find a suitable recipe to replicate it. I've still got 1/2 a bar in the freezer so I can taste test it against this recipe. I don't think it will be Weight Watchers friendly, but it will hopefully make a nice addition to holiday cookie trays.

That reminds me, I need to start a post with recipes that are great in holiday cookie trays. For now, let's revisit the Gingerbread biscotti recipe that was such a hit last year.

And, on to the menu plan:

Monday:  Veggie Stir Fry (Meatless Monday)

Tuesday: WW Lemon Chicken with Roasted Potatoes (& other roasted veg)

Wednesday: Muffin Cup Meatloaf - carryover from last week, a couple of nights the menu plan just didn't happen

Thursday: Potato Soup

Friday: TBD

Saturday: Salmon Lettuce Wraps - attempting to modify this recipe for Chicken Lettuce Wraps to use Salmon.

Sunday: Homemade pizza or leftovers


Check out hundreds of other menu plans at orgjunkie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...