Sunday, July 31, 2011

After Vacation Pasta

You know the day you get home from vacation and you haven't had time to get to the store, or thaw anything from the freezer, you scrounge around in the fridge and see what you can come up with. That's where this recipe was born. I was in a hurry and needed something quick.



After Vacation Pasta
Serves 3 as a main dish or 5-6 as a side

about a cup of pasta (I have never measured pasta, I just eyeball it). I used Campanelle, one of my favorites for catching sauce
1 1/2 to 2 cups frozen peas, mostly thawed
3 oz Greek Yogurt*
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
rosemary or Italian seasoning to taste
3T milk
2 T butter

Cook pasta as directed on package. Add peas to pasta during the last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain pasta and peas. In a small pan, or microwave safe dish mix together yogurt, parmesan cheese, seasonings, milk and butter. Heat until it mixes together well. Add pasta to sauce and stir.

*Oddly enough the only yogurt I had was vanilla greek yogurt and this worked fine. I would have preferred plain, but the yogurt is tangy enough that it cut the sweet of the vanilla and worked okay for us. My hubby said it was one of the best sauces I've thrown together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...