Monday, February 13, 2012

Menu Plan Monday #40 - Feb. 20


I think we all have cabin fever. The days are starting to get noticeably longer and we're all getting antsy for spring. The dogs are getting more wild and wanting to play and go on walks. This lingering wintery weather ( our highs are in the mid 20s all week) makes me feel very casserole-y. Every recipe that calls my name this week is for something baked and cheesy. Not so good for the waistline, but we'll see what I come up with.

I'm also trying to make two weeks worth of menu plans so I can do one shopping trip. Hopefully. Last week that didn't work out very well. I think I did 3 mini-runs to the store, and that included a trip to Walmart for things they only have there. Thankfully I only do that about once every 3 months. It's my least favorite place to shop.


Monday: Hawaiian Crunch Halibut - bumped from last week

Tuesday: Meatloaf Muffins - from the freezer

Wednesday: Salmon Thursday is moved to Salmon Wednesday this week. Baked Seasoned Fries from Skinnytaste.

Thursday: Having guinea pigs, recipe testers, family over for dinner. Yay! I get to try out a couple of new recipes - my favorite thing to do! Salad, Chicken Rollatini stuffed with zucchini & mozzarella, sweet potato biscuits, side dish, and I think my mom is bringing a cheesecake. **ha ha! I just noticed that I left "side dish" in the menu for Thursday. That was supposed to be a marker to remind me I needed a side dish. I think it's going to be couscous.  **This chicken rollatini was a huge hit! Everyone loved it! Can't wait to have it again. I made 1 1/2 batches then sent leftovers with most everyone and the ones we kept here hubby ate while I was at quilt class. Will have to make more for me.

Friday: probably our regular dinner out

Saturday: Chinese Beef & Broccoli - a recipe I have in email. Will review in coming weeks.

Sunday: Taco Soup and garlic bread - or whatever kind of soup I find in the freezer. :-)



A few recipes I'd like to try this week:

apple cranberry crumble - this has become one of our favorite recipes at a restaurant in Anchorage. Would love to find a suitable recipe to make it at home (and lighter!).

Homemade skinny Chocolate Cake - been waiting to try this until I knew I wouldn't have to eat the whole pan myself, but I might just do that anyway. 


This menu plan is linked to Menu Plan Monday at orgjunkie.com




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...