Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Steamed Buns Success!

Last night I attempted steamed buns for the first time. I've never even eaten them before but thought I should try them. I followed the basic instructions I found on Bento for Beginners and came up with these measurements.
1 cup Fiber One pancake mix
1/2 cup water
2/3 cup white wheat flour
Mix together pancake mix and water then add in flour. Turn out onto lightly floured surface & knead. Form a log shape & cut into 4 equal pieces. Fill each piece with desired filling (I used a veggie mixture for Meatless Monday) and steam for about 20 minutes. They turned really tasty but next time I will try to get more filling in them.

1 comment:

  1. They look great! Nice job there. I have been wanting to make steamed buns for awhile now. I finally made mooncakes after a year of saying I was going to do it! :D Thanks for the recipe, now you have inspired me to try it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...