Saturday, November 6, 2010

I'm at 100?!


100 posts for me! Woo-hoo!! How to celebrate? Well, not too exciting, but tonight is chili & cornbread night. I'm making "Lydia's famous chili." You're probably wondering who is this Lydia, and what makes her chili famous? Well...that's just what I call it. Lydia is my sister-in-law, and she's always posting on Facebook when it's chili night. We don't live nearby, so I was always hearing about this chili and to me it became famous - and something I really needed to try. We visited WV this past summer and finally got to try Lydia's chili! It was really good, and easy to make. It's really a Sandra Lee recipe. Tonight I'm making it with ground turkey breast.

Chunky Chili
aka Lydia's Famous Chili
original recipe from Sandra Lee


2 Tbsp butter
1 med sweet onion, finely chopped
1 1/2 lbs ground beef
2 cans (15 oz ea) red kidney beans, drained (or use 1 can of kidney beans and 1 can of black beans)
1 jar marinara sauce (I use Newman's Own)
1 pkg (1.25 oz) chili seasoning
optional toppings (cheese, sour cream & chives)

In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion & saute until softened. Crumble in the beef & cook until browned. Stir in the beans & marinara sauce. Stir in chili seasoning. Reduce heat & simmer for 15 min. Ladle into soup bowls & garnish w/shredded cheese, sour cream & chives if desired.

Serve with cornbread.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...