Sunday, June 19, 2011

Chocolate for Breakfast


Today was one of those days. I woke up with a great idea and knew I actually had the ingredients to give it a go. Sunday mornings are when I want to bake and actually make something for breakfast. For me it's usually something sweet. I have a HUGE sweet tooth. It's hard to find something sweet that is actually too sweet for me. This was no exception. I didn't find these to be overly sweet or overly chocolatey. The icing on top was really good too. The only thing you might say was "wrong" with them, was that my hubby said they looked like little ham steaks - which he shared with everyone on Facebook. He also said they were delicious so I can deal with the ham comment.

Red Velvet Pancakes with Cream Cheese Icing
Serves 5 at 7 WW points plus each

Ingredients:

2 cup(s) Betty Crocker® Fiber One® Pancake Mix Complete pancake mix   
1 1/4 cup(s) water   
3 Tbsp Hershey's Cocoa - unsweetened baking cocoa
2 Tbsp vegetable oil   
1 oz food coloring, RED coloring to desired color   
1 1/2 oz Weight Watchers Reduced fat cream cheese spread, 1 1/2 small WW cream cheese cups   
3 Tbsp powdered sugar   
1 Tbsp I Can't Believe It's Not Butter! Light Soft Margarine


In medium bowl combine pancake mix, water, cocoa, oil and food coloring. Mix thoroughly. Using scant 1/4 cup batter each make approx. 15 small pancakes.

For icing: combine cream cheese spread and butter spread. Heat gently (10 second intervals in microwave) until easy to mix. Combine with powdered sugar. Place cream cheese mixture in zip top baggie and drizzle over pancakes as they are served.

Make yourself a big pile 'o pancakes sometime and let me know if you like them! They don't look like ham, do they?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...