Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Super Bowl Menu (with recipe links)


Time for another Super Bowl Menu! We aren't excited about either team this year. I actually told my hubby we should boycott the game and just watch the commercials! :-) They're the best part if your team isn't playing.

At this point I don't even know how many people will be here. Probably just a few plus the two of us so nothing too crazy. Actually for me it's always easier to plan the desserts - except for narrowing them down. I should probably just throw dessert parties rather than having people expect regular food. It would be so much easier.

Stuffing Spinach Balls

Veggies with ranch dip

7-Layer Dip or Skinny Taco Dip & Chips

Hungry Girl Wonton-quitos - these are really good. I've made them several times. Great finger food.

Skinny Baked Mozzarella Sticks - I just found this recipe and it had to go on the list right away! In college we would often hang out in the snack shop late nights and we were always getting the fried mozzarella sticks. Mmmm. So good, and so bad for you. Can't wait to try these baked sticks!

Hungry Girl Turtle Cheesecake - it's been a while since I've made something like cheesecake. Last time I think was this pumpkin swirl recipe, or a variation of it. Skinnytaste has several good "cheesecake-ish" recipes. Lemon and strawberry swirl are really good.


I don't think we'll have enough people to warrant making more food, but if we do I want to try this Pizza Puffs recipe.and.soon!

2 comments:

  1. I like your quote about "boycotting the game, and just watching the commercials if your team isn't playing"...I hear you, on that one!
    Also, I would rather snack on healthy stuff watching the game, but I know it's just not possible.

    Thanks for commenting on my blog...if you scroll down to the first week of January, is when I started WW, and posted a few really great recipes that I actually made, and we all enjoyed it! I just joined the meeting, to learn more...unfortunately they're not counting the 7 lbs I lost in the last 3 weeks, so I'm at day 1...week 1!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean about them not counting your first lbs lost. I work a meeting room here and we just don't really have a way to account for it. It's still a loss and you still did it though! That's great! When you get your awards in the meeting, just mention that you lost some at the beginning online.

      I like to entertain so I'm in charge of what we eat. We have a small gathering, but if we go to a friend's house all they serve is frozen pizza, a bag of chips, dip, and grocery store bakery cookies. I really enjoy cooking so to me that's not really "entertaining" - and this way I'm in control of the points, and everyone eats a little better (whether they realize it or not - usually not). :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...